Bridge Expansion Joint - Flexi®Joint
Bridge Expansion Joint system for highways, bridges and other structure from HMS® Decorative Surfacing Ltd.
Our Flexi-Joint Bridge Expansion Joint system is a Highway Agency Approved Bridge Expansion Joint Certificate Number 026.
HMS® are an approved installer for Stirling Lloyd Sentinel Bridge Expansion Joint systems.
About Bridge Expansion Joint Systems (Asphaltic Plug Type)
Asphaltic Plug Joints, or Bridge Expansion Joint systems are designed to replace failing expansion joints on the carriageway. The key benefits of the Asphaltic Plug Joint system is the use of super-flexible surfacing material. Polymer modified bitumen is carefully combined with selected road aggregates and the resulting asphaltic plug design provides:
- A superior flexible replacement road surfacing material
- A compound which bonds to the bridge deck
- A waterproof bridge expansion joint design
HMS® Decorative Surfacing Ltd compliments its extensive range of surfacing solutions with its expertise in polymer modified bridge expansion joint systems. HMS Decorative Surfacing Ltd is approved to install Asphaltic Plug Joints on all classes of highway in the UK.
- Flexi®-Joint is an Asphaltic Plug Joint and is designed to cater for small to medium expansion gap movement on bridges and other structures. Although simple in concept, Flexi®-Joint can incorporate sub-surface drainage and is an ideal replacement system.
- Flexi®-Joint is quickly and easily installed lane by lane if required, thus minimising site possession time and the costly problem of lane closures.
- Flexi®-Joint is an ideal solution for low range movement joints where noise containment is of primary importance. Some rigid joint systems with metal runners or bolted units can cause noise pollution in urban areas. Flexi®-Joint has the added benefit of being virtually silent when trafficked at high speed.
Bridge Expansion Joint Options
HMS® are an approved installer for Stirling Lloyd Sentinel Bridge Expansion Joint; there are currently four types available from us. The Sentinel Joint Selector Table will assist you in choosing the correct joint for your project, based on the range of movement required, and the locality of the installation. Further information on the Sentinel Joints listed can be found by following the highlighted links, or by calling us directly.
- Sentinel B-BD33/94 Type 1 Buried Joints for use under Continuous Surfacing
- Sentinel NJ-BD33/94 Type 4 Nosing Joint – Low Movement on High Wear Locations
- Sentinel EMR-BD33/94 Type 6 Elastomeric in Metal Rail – Surface Mounted Mechanical System
- Sentinel LEJ-Longitudinal Bridge Expansion Joint – Bridging Gaps between Adjacent Structures
Click HERE to Download the Full Sentinel Expansion Joint Brochure.