Resin Bound Surfacing - Decra®Set
Resin Bound Surfacing – Decra®Set
HMS® Resin Bound Paving is a permeable, SUDS compliant surface system. It is a decorative surfacing process consisting of specially selected natural, coloured or recycled aggregates bound with high performance UV stable resins to produce a long lasting smooth hard-wearing decorative finish.
Our Resin Bound Paving is suitable for use on driveways, paths, courtyards, walkways, parkways and roads. A wide range of aggregates are available, allowing you to confidently select the one appropriate to your requirements. Resin Bound permeable decorative surfacing treatment stands apart from other domestic and commercial surface treatments thanks to its water permeable quality. The specially designed resin based materials and finishes used are in accordance with the government outlined Sustainable Urban Drainage System, or SUDS, meaning that excess and surface water can naturally drain through the product.
All resins used in our resin bound and resin bonded surface treatments are manufactured and tested in the same way as market-leading brands, and are of exceptional professional quality. Every HMS resin system product whether resin bound our resin bonded, is tested for strength, durability, flexibility and SUDS compliance.
This offers excellent reduction in flood risks, overflowing of drains, and can be used as a decorative surfacing option for areas involving trees and foliage, as air and water can circulate through the material. Resin Bound permeable decorative surfacing treatment from HMS is also recommended for areas around swimming pools and water features, and areas such as driveways with poor mains drainage or prone to standing water.
Our Partners: HMS® carry out installations of Resin Bound Surfacing primarily using our own-brand Decra-Set products, and as an official installer for several leading manufacturers throughout the UK. Please contact us for more details about our resin partners.
- Unlimited colours
- Unlimited designs
- Smooth finish ideal for wheelchair, pushchair and bicycle access
- Practically zero maintenance
- Permeable SUDS compliant resin product meets with planning conditions
Useful information when considering Resin Bound:
- HMS Decra®-Set is laid in varying thickness dependent on its usage:
- Light foot traffic/light domestic – 15mm
- Normal foot traffic/light vehicle (most regular driveways) – 18mm
- Heavier vehicles/foot traffic/turning circles (driveways/pedestrian commercial) – 20mm
- Heavier vehicle & pedestrian traffic (high density commercial) 22-24mm
- Tree Pit Treatment (see our tree pit page) – 40-75mm
- Resin Bound requires laying to pre-existing edges such as setts, kerb-stones or retaining walls.
- Resin Bound will increase finished surface levels by the relative thickness of installation, which should be considered a) in the build-up and/or b) how this may inhibit gates, doors and drainage etc.
- Resin Bound is best applied to sound, clean and undamaged open graded tarmac or granular surfaces.